Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More on organization

I would like to piggyback off of what Rebecca started a few posts ago.  Organization is so important for moms!  I found that I didn't have to be very organized when it was just me and my husband.  If something was misplaced,  I had all kinds of time to find it.  Now we need the shoes and bags where they need to be.  We need food bought ahead of time.  We need clean soccer uniforms.  We can't fly by the seat of our pants like we did a decade ago.  I can't find anything in the Bible that specifically says, "Go ye therefore and clean your house and declutter your life.  Please God by organizing your house."  But I do know that if we have things in order we have more time for God and more time for our spouse and kids.  

I read all the time and most of it bores me.  Self help books just crack me up.  Age has made me a tad cynical.   I don't typically  believe that I can make these magic tricks work that I read about in books.  I'm not gifted or creative like those women.  The shows on TV about cleaning out your house are daunting to me.  So...if you're like me and organization takes some thought, planning, and work--here's the book for you.  Simplify Your Life by Marcia Ramsland changed my life.  Now let me warn you.  There's some serious stuff in there, stuff I'll never attempt.  I think this woman struggles a tad with OCD.    I can't say everything in this book will fit your personality but most of it will get you thinking and working to change your basic routines.  This might just be a book you can find at your library.  It helped me tremendously.  I've lent it out to about a dozen people now, all different personalities, and it has helped them all.  

Just wanted to share that!
Be lifted

-Sue

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.  

No comments: