Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Does Mom ever get a day off?

I debated on whether or not I should even write today. I'm horribly ill with the flu and constant asthma attacks. When I say the flu I mean THE FLU. I don't have much energy to type so I'll make it short. Does Mom ever get a day off? Unfortunately, in my experience, moms only get the day off when they are about to be hospitalized. Yesterday I was so sick that my husband absolutely had to come home from work to take care of the baby. Ironically, the baby fell asleep in the middle of my bedroom floor minutes before my husband walked in the door. So I felt like a heel for calling him. The baby had already had a two hour nap and I never guessed he'd take another nap one hour later! I'm running fever and don't have much sane to offer today. But I must answer the question. Moms don't really get a day off. At least not guilt free. I don't think it's in our chemical makeup anyway.

Psalm 121:1-2
I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

~Sue

1 comment:

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Sue!

What a trooper you are! If I could give you the day off, I definitely would!

Better to be sick this week than when you are traveling next week, right?

Hope you are feeling better soon!