Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I will help you

Isaiah 41:13 says, "For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

I don't know where you're at today but I could sure use some help. I live in Minneapolis and we've brought our family to Nashville this week for me to "work." In total I've done four guest lectures and two larger campus events at Belmont University. I did a television interview yesterday morning. Why do I share this? Because I am sicker than a dog so I know for sure that God's power has been sustaining me. Sometimes I think he uses my being sick to remind him that he's in control. But I also think it's a good lesson in 'where does my help come from?' Anyone who has seen me or heard me coughing in the last week has been fairly concerned about my health. Why am I doing this stuff at Belmont University this week? I believe so strongly in the message I have to share with women about postpartum depression that I couldn't bear to not be here. When God truly touches and changes you, it is a wonderful burden to share that with others. This week has been wonderful and horrible at the same time. As I type I'm burning with fever. But that doesn't change the fact that God loves me and helps me through it. My prayer has been simple, basic, maybe childlike...I've been pleading with God to help me and he has.

What about you? What do you need help with? Is your pregnancy driving you crazy? Are you exhausted from your children? Do you need more physical or emotional help? Do you need friendship? Is life overwhelming in general? Are you longing to find someone who shares your concerns about parenting? No matter where you are or what is going on in your life, God cares about you. He says he will help you. That may not seem like a huge thing to you. This is the same God who created the universe and raised his son from the dead. This is the same God who parted the Red Sea and flooded the earth. This is one powerful God. If he's offering to help you, I'd take it seriously...and I'd take him up on it.

My challenge to you this week is to look for ways to ask God for help. Thank him in advance for all that he will do for you. God wants us to ask for his help but he desires our praise and thanks, too!

Be lifted,

Sue

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, thanks for this encouragement. It was a timely word for me!

Tara said...

I needed this today - thank you so much, Sue! Praying for you!