Monday, April 7, 2008

The Unthinkable

My heart is heavy today as I write this. It's a prayer request of the utmost importance. Kim, a young mom in my church (she has three children, five years old and under) has an inoperable brain tumor. She has been given six months to live.

I wept last night as I pleaded with the Lord to spare her life and bring healing. She is a Christian and not afraid of dying, but as any mother would be, she is afraid of what will happen to her children. How will they fare without a mom? Can her husband hold the family together? What will their lives be like without her?

And she is thinking of what she is going to miss. Birthdays. Smiles. Hugs. Mornings. Bedtimes. Baths. Giggles. Loose teeth. Ball games. Dance recitals. Slumber parties. Cookouts. Summer vacations. Christmas. Plays. Solos. Baptisms. Conversations. Driving. Weddings. Grandchildren.

For every mother, it is the unthinkable. To not live to raise the children you bore? To not see them grow up?

Please pray for Kim, her husband, and her children. Please pray that our church family would be the body of Christ that we are called to be: stepping up, reaching out, holding tight, and praying hard.

"Therefore, confess your sins to each another and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" (James 5:16).


~Rebecca

1 comment:

Sue McRoberts said...

Oh dear friend. You know I'll pray. I promise to.

Psalm 31:7
I will be glad in and rejoice i your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.