Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Where's My Brain?

Today felt like a "Where's my brain?" kind of day. I dropped a vase and then cut my finger on the glass. Forgot to cover a casserole with aluminum foil (it specifically said to cover it!). Mixed up the kids socks. I have a website called "Losing Weight After Baby" and one mom I know joked that there should be another website called "Losing Your Mind After Baby."

Ever had one of those kinds of days when you can't quite get your head in the game? Here's my advice - just laugh and roll with the punches. Chances are, no one will permanently suffer from your absentmindness.

At the first opportunity, pray and ask God to give you clarity. As it says in 2 Corinthians 10:5, "bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ."

When your brain feels fuzzy, it's easy to have a lazy attitude about your health. It's ironic because chances are if you ate some fruit and took a walk, you would feel a whole lot better. So even on those days when you feel like your brain is frozen, pray to Jesus, reach for a healthy snack and be active. You'll be thinking more clearly in no time!

-Arlene

No comments: