Friday, November 7, 2008

Now Here's a Contest!

Everyone loves a contest! Contests involve great prizes and who doesn't want to win something? Well guess what? You can start your own contest for losing weight and put a little fun into your diet and exercise plan.

A few weeks ago, my husband and I were trying to get my parents to do a contest with us to eat healthier and exercise more in preparation for the glut of yummy treats we'll be enjoying over the holidays. They were not interested.

But this week, my mom came up with a great contest. Basically, the person who earns the most points by Thanksgiving wins $100. How do you earn points?

-10 points each day you exercise for 30 minutes or more
-10 points each day you skip sweets
-10 points each day you don't eat past 6:30 p.m.

Believe it or not, this really works! It's fun to do it as a family. This little contest has stopped me from eating that Halloween candy or it's pushed me to exercise.

So if you want to lose some weight or just get healthier as a family, you can try a contest like this. Modify it to suit your needs and pick a prize that would be motivating. Then let the competitive juices flow!

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize..." Phil. 4:14

post signature

1 comment:

Sue McRoberts said...

Can I join your family?? What a super idea! No one in my family would even try something like that. I have no idea where my competitive genes came from!
Sue