Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


What do you want on Valentine's Day? Flowers or chocolate?

Well, I like both! My sweet husband bought me these red roses. Believe it or not, he bought them wholesale and then arranged them himself! I know, I'm lucky! He did awesome!

In terms of chocolate, I tend to eat too many pieces at once. Last weekend, we received a package about 24 truffles from some visiting friends. I could down them all in a few days if left unattended! So I decided to wrap about half of them and give them away to my children's teachers at church. That saved me a trip to the store to buy something, plus extra unneeded calories for me! My article "Chocolate, Friend or Foe" will give you some other ideas of what to do with all that chocolate if you're trying to lose weight.

I hope you'll enjoy the added festivities of Valentine's Day, yet remember it's not the flowers or chocolates that take center stage. It's the love of God! Jesus loves you and your family so much. You are the apple of His eye!

"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

post signature

No comments: