Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Exercise!


As a brand new mom, or as a seasoned mother, it is vital that we exercise.  I could go on all day about the health benefits of exercise.  But I want to focus on one thing only: your mental health. 

Ever have days when you could scream?  Do you ever feel like you change 25 diapers, do six loads of laundry, and can't remember the last time you used the bathroom?  Some days motherhood is overwhelming.  In the beginning, the physical demands are enormous.  We feed, bathe, clean, change, rock, nurse, feed, change...it's downright exhausting.  I get tired just thinking about it.  Throw in the lack of sleep and added weight...it's tough.  I hear people say all the time, "I'm just too tired to exercise."  I promise you that if you exercise you will have MORE energy.  I promise.  You can't control much in the early years of motherhood.  Taking care of babies is never-ending.  But you can take steps to control your health, your mental health.  Exercising gives you a break, it clears your head.  It feels good to move.  Find something you love to do and find someone to exercise with.  Walk, skate, do yoga, run, jump rope, swim.  Find something.  If you have a parter or a group to exercise with, you will be more likely to keep it up.  You will feel better mentally and emotionally.  This surely makes for a better mommy!

I challenge you to start exercising to improve your mental health!

Be lifted!

Philippians 4:13
I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength.


post signature





No comments: