Friday, August 8, 2008

Blue!

My daughter is 20 months old and of course to me, the smartest little girl on the planet! Except when it comes to colors. Everything is blue!
"What color is this?" I ask, holding up a yellow duck.
"Boo," she answers.
"What about this?" I ask, holding a green cup.
Yep. You guessed it. "Boo."
Well, the day will come when she'll learn purple, orange, brown, and maybe even mauve. But for now she's stuck on blue.

You know, as moms, we can get stuck in a rut as well.
"What's for dinner?"
"Pasta."
The next day...
"What's for dinner?"
"Pasta."
You get the picture. Being busy makes it hard to be creative sometimes. But I want to encourage you to find healthy foods you like and enjoy a variety of meals. Not every meal has to be "boo."
"But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God." Psalm 52:8

No comments: