Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Jesus Loves Me

I just realized yesterday that I've made yet another mistake as a parent.  Something horrible has happened to my brain.  Somehow having three children has done my brain in.  I have forgotten to teach my son a very important song.  I was watching a fun You Tube video with my little guy yesterday.  It was a two year old girl, sitting in her car seat, singing Jesus Loves Me.  My three-year-old got such a kick out of it because she kept messing up the words on the home video.  But he knew what the song was and wanted to watch it a dozen times.  He grinned at me and said, "I know that song from church."  That's a great thing but I felt ashamed because he didn't know that song from Mom.  He knows Jeremy Camp, Bethany Dillon, Christine Dente, Casting Crowns, David Crowder...but I don't know if I've ever sang that song with him, for him, or to him.  I felt sick!  So now we're gonna sing that song!  What an important truth for our little ones.  Jesus loves me!  Praise God for that.

Be lifted!

post signature

Psalm 40:3

He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.





1 comment:

Saph said...

I know what you mean. Our daughter didn't learn it from us but ever since she did, we now sing it every night. I started looking up other kids bible songs to learn to sing to and with her. =)