Friday, January 9, 2009

Keep Moving!


This week, I took my 2 and 4 year old for their routine yearly doctors examination. Even though we had watched the Berenstein Bears go to the doctor, my kids still didn't like getting their shots - and that's definitely an understatement!

One thing my doctor reminded me of was the importance of daily hard exercise - she suggested one hour per day.

So right after the appointment, we headed for the playground and ran around together too. Phew, I felt better for doing what the doctor ordered and realized I need to take my kids out more!

I noticed one family whose children were riding bikes but they were sitting in the minivan. What a shame I thought! They could have been exercising right along side of their kids and making a better memory together.

I know many moms stress out about fitting exercise into their schedule. How about making exercise a habit for you and your growing kids? When they run, you run too! You'll stay healthier as you keep moving with your energetic kids!
"Out of the mouth of babes and infants You have ordained strength." Psalm 8:2
post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Arlene! I am one of those moms who is thrilled to sit and read a magazine while my boys (soon 3 and 5) run around for an hour at the playground. This is a great reminder that I could get my exercise and build up our family at the same time if I just get off that bench.