Friday, January 2, 2009

Reflections at New Years


Happy New Year moms! It's the beginning of a new year, fresh with hope and anticipation. I was listening to one of my favorite radio programs this week, Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah. He encouraged us to list 10 significant things God had done in 2008. To keep that list handy, to use it to remember God's goodness. I think this is a great habit.


I love talking with my husband about our highlights of 2008. A vacation with my parents and the kids in Maui. Releasing my audio course, Losing Weight After Baby: 31 Days to a New You. Watching our kids grow in God's grace (ages 4 and 2). Traveling to Yosemite National Park with my husband's parents. Speaking to MOPS groups.


The highlights involve low-lights too. A miscarriage in the fall. Marriage trouble for friends. But in those challenges, God's power to save is magnified.


Have you made a list of highlights for 2008? Take a few minutes to do so and you'll be armed with a spirit of thanksgiving and praise in the New Year!
"You have dealt well with Your servant, O Lord, according to Your word." Psalm 119:65

post signature

No comments: