Friday, May 23, 2008

Is There Recreational Fun after Baby?


After we had a baby, a recreational activity for me and my husband was going to Walmart together. That was about it. Maybe you know the feeling! Yet doing fun things together, maybe something you did before baby, is important to strengthen your marriage. Your spouse can feel forgotten when diapers and onesies take front and center.

This week on my Losing Weight After Baby podcast, I talk about one thing your husband needs: recreational companionship. And guess what? When you bike, hike, swim, play tennis, etc. with your husband, you'll be burning calories at the same time. And you're having fun while communicating how much you enjoy your man. That's multitasking at its finest!

On my website, I have a list of activities to jog your brain about things you can do together with your spouse and even a few you can do with baby. Right now, we love to hike with our 3 & 1 year old. Ethan loves running in the dirt and Noelle is all about being outdoors. Summers approaching...take out your calendar and plan a little family fun! When you keep active, the pounds will come off much faster.


Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not
obey the word, they without a word, may be won by the conduct of their
wives. I Peter 3:1



No comments: