Friday, May 16, 2008

What Do Socks Have to Do With Losing Weight?

My 3 year old son Ethan has been in desperate need of socks. Some of his have holes, others are too small, you get the picture. I bought a pack last week but when we got home, they were too small.

Now Ethan is really into Lightning McQueen from the movie Cars. He really wanted socks with Lightning McQueen or some kind of racecar. Of course what I ending up buying today was a standard pack of gold toe white socks.

So when I gave them to Ethan, God gave me a great idea: "Ethan, look at the yellow stripe around the toes. It's a racetrack!" Ethan responded with a big smile, "Wow! That is so cool! I love these socks mommy!"

Marketing. It's all about marketing.

Do you need to lose a few (or more) pregnancy pounds? It all boils down to marketing. What are you going to tell yourself? If you say, "This is going to be fun! I'm going to eat healthy and feel great" - you will be on your way to saying bye bye to all that baby fat. On the other hand, if the commercials running through your mind say, "I'll never get this weight off. Why bother trying? I just want to eat junk food!" - most likely you'll keep the pounds and pack on a few extra each passing year.

So, make a decision to look for the positives! Like Ethan seeing a racetrack in socks, you see the silver lining in eating healthy, cutting back portion sizes and exercising regularly!


"Finally brethren, whatever things are true...if there is any virtue and if
there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things."
Philippians 4:8

-Arlene

No comments: