Friday, May 2, 2008

THERE SHE GOES

"There she goes!" Those were the delighted words of this proud mom when my baby girl went toddling across the floor for the first time. Oh, those first steps! It was an exciting moment, and I admit, I got a little misty-eyed as my sentimental nature realized those first steps were the beginning of a newfound freedom and independence that would continue to evolve as my daughter grew up and away.

It happens fast.

Last week, those words were uttered again: "There she goes!" And this time, she was behind the wheel of the car, driving away from me. Again, first steps--but this time, they are taken in a vehicle on a crowded roadway rather than within the gaze of her loving parents on a cushy, carpeted floor.

The truth of the matter, however, is that no matter what stage your child is in, "the righteous walk by faith." We live and drive and fly by faith as well. My children are not always going to be within my eyesight, but they will live in full view of the Lord. So whether we're talking about first steps or first drives or even the first experience with mean kids (like Sue talked about in her post), where Momma lets go, God holds on. Forever.

I am praising Him with a heart full of gratitude today, knowing He is faithful to keep His Eye on my kids.

~Rebecca

No comments: