Friday, October 24, 2008

Always Ready!

Well my 20th high school reunion was last week and I had a great time! It was fun to see old friends and think about days gone by. The big surprise was that a few of our teachers were there also. They looked just the same!

My female classmates were all in good health and everyone looked fantastic!

I havea feeling a few classmates didn't come because they are not happy with the way they look. It's totally understandable because all of us who have had children know the difference a baby can make in our bodies! The extra pounds can easily accumulate over the years, leaving us to wonder what happened to the body we had in our early 20s.

My encouragement to you this week is this: Live in such a way that you're always ready to attend your high school reunion. Eat and exercise regularly to keep your body in good health so that you won't have to go on a radical crash diet before a big event like a 20th reunion. But more importantly, live close to Jesus. Love your family, be faithful in your work, enjoy your life so that when you look back at your life 20 years from now, you won't have any regrets.

"For I know the thoughts I think toward you says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11



post signature

No comments: