Friday, October 31, 2008

Brush Your Way to Weight Loss!

Yesterday my 4 year old and I had a treat after dinner - leftover ice cream cake from a birthday. After eating it, he said, "I'm going to brush my teeth!" because I've conditioned him to think that brushing always comes after eating something sweet. Before you think I'm a super healthy mom, know this: I came to this conclusion after my then 3 year old had cavities at his first dental visit!

So I decided to brush my teeth too...that was at about 6:30 p.m. Many times I have a snack after the kids go to bed and I'm working on my computer. But since I had brushed my teeth early, I skipped the snack.
Guess what? A simple thing like brushing your teeth and flossing after dinner will keep you from hitting the pantry late at night. How's that for a diet tip: brush your teeth! Easy enough!

"I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest when I have preached to
others, I myself should become disqualified." I Corinthians 9:27


post signature

No comments: