Friday, October 17, 2008

Camping and High School Reunions


Let me begin by telling you I survived our first camping trip last weekend! As you can see here, my daughter thought it was fun! The only two creatures that bothered us was a turkey that ran past us at night (it scared us half to death! We'll get him at Thanksgiving!) and a cricket in our room that did not let us sleep. But this is what camping is about right? We all hiked and had a great time. So camping and hiking are great ways to lose weight after baby. Except the town we were near is famous for apple pie and it is apple season...

Well, tomorrow I will be going to my 20th high school reunion. Phew...am I old enough to do this??? Actually, it makes me feel very happy because as I look back on two decades, I am floored by God's goodness. Of course my greatest life stories have come from meeting my husband James and having 2 fantastic children.


Going to high school reunions, or any reunions, usually means - "it's time to go on a diet!" We all want to shed some pounds to look our best when we see our friends. And why not use a reunion or some kind of get-together as motivation to lose weight? We need all the help we can get to eat sensibly and exercise more vigorously. So go ahead; use that reunion or maybe the holidays coming up as an incentive to slim down and look your best going in 2009!


The Lord made the heavens. Honor and majesty are before Him; strength and beauty
are in His sanctuary. Psalm 96:5-6
post signature

No comments: