Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pleasant surprise

I read in my devotional book today something really special I'd like to share.  Christa Kinde, from Adventurous Prayer wrote this:

"Usually, when we pray, we know exactly what we want God to do.  We've given our situation much thought, we've checked out the pros and cons, considered our options, and we've decided how God should work...Things don't always work out the way we think they should.  That's because God has something better in mind."

I've got to be brutally honest...we've been going apey in our apartment lately.  Let me tell you, there are lots of good things to learn from living in an apartment with three kids after being in a house for so long.  We've been so anxious to get a house and a YARD again.  We want so desperately to go home and get our things: our beds, the kitchen table, our couch, our dog.  I believe God is all about teaching us long-suffering.  I know he wants us to squirm and get uncomfortable so we can be more full of gratitude.  I've been asking God to just work out all the details of the sale of our house in Minnesota so we could move and get settled in a new house and neighborhood.  Guess what?  That's not what God had in mind.  It's a long story but we're moving and we haven't sold our house!!!  We're going to rent a house until we sell our other one and then we can buy our new house.  The house has been vacant for a year so they are thrilled to rent it to us til we can close.  Guess what?  I never even knew that was an option!  God has blessed us with a wonderful surprise.  And next week my ACTIVE children will have a back yard to play in and a neighborhood full of sidewalks to ride their bikes and scooters on.  And I think he's going to answer my prayers, too.  We want and need some new friends.  I have a suspicion that they are on the horizon.  

God is good and full of pleasant surprises for you!  Be lifted!

Sue

Psalm 17:8
Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me under the shadow of your wings.





post signature





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue,
So glad to hear of your upcoming move. God is good! How exciting to have this transition to look forward to.