Monday, October 6, 2008

PLAN TO WIN!

Hey Everybody,

What does your week look like?

I'm a planner. I find if I don't plan, I can be easily overwhelmed by the demands of our busy schedules. For example, this month, my boys will be having basketball practices four times a week. Add church activities to the mix, and you realize we have just entered a very busy season--not fall, not autumn, but Basketball Season! This is a time every year when I am required to plan more than ever. It means that in order to insure my family's comfort and convenience, I am often required to do what is uncomfortable and inconvenient!

For instance, I started tonight's dinner yesterday afternoon! I put chicken in the crock pot, and then, when we arrived home from church last night, I put together tonight's casserole. This morning I know that dinner is in the fridge and it will be easy to heat and serve. Keeping up with the laundry demands of two adolescent boys playing ball every evening means I'm also getting creative with when I'm running my washer and dryer! Remember, those appliances can only make life easier when you use them!

Being a mom is the greatest job ever! But like any job, it requires diligence, creativity, organization, and effort. New moms often feel battle fatigue from all the new demands. I'm wondering: Do you have a mentor mom in your life? Do you have someone who can help you out with your new job? Ask God today for a person from whom you can learn some of the how-to and hands-on aspects of motherhood! And then be watching--look around! Expect Him to send you the help you need!

Under His direction, the whole body is fitted together perfectly. As each
part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole
body is healthy and growing and full of love.
Ephesians 4:16

post signature

No comments: