Friday, October 10, 2008

Camping...Here We Come!

One great way to lose weight after baby is by going camping and hiking, but I have to admit, I'm not much of a camper. My very first camping trip was with my husband right after we're married. Let's just say the trip began in tears and continued in tears when I had to go the bathroom in the middle of the night and my sweet groom wouldn't wake up to walk with me outside our tent.

Fast forward the tape almost 10 years and I guess I'm ready to try again - ha! This time, we will be in a cabin (upgrade!) but we'll have kids (more challenges!). No running water but at least we'll have shelter. I'll let you know next week how it goes. Hopefully minimal tears will be shed by myself, my 4 year old or 22 month old!

So remember, if you're losing weight, don't be afraid of new adventures. Try hiking, or biking, or go to a rock wall gym. Something totally out of your comfort zone might be a great date night with your husband. If you don't like your new adventure, you should be able to get a lot of laughs out of it anyway!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine." Proverbs 17:22

post signature





No comments: